The only way to achieve your full potential is to surround yourself with people you admire and can learn from -- those who can identify opportunities, point out pitfalls and help you make the difference you aim to make.
With that in mind, we’re thrilled to welcome some of the industry’s leading voices to our inaugural Client Advisory Board. The advisory board members are drawn from some of the country’s top independent wealth management firms and represent the industry’s brightest and boldest minds. Together, they will lend their insights to Addepar’s strategic plans and help us create new ways to deliver lasting value to our clients and partners.
In conversations with these visionaries, we were unsurprised to learn that they share many common traits and business philosophies.
- They’re entrepreneurs at heart—When asked what motivates them, most of the board members cited the entrepreneurial nature of their roles and their passion for engaging daily with clients. They’re always open to new ideas and technologies, and unexplored ways to grow their firms.
- “Human leadership” has taken a front seat—Every board member shared stories of how this year’s challenges have brought teams closer together—creating a more personal, in a word, human, workplace. Cultivating younger talent through mentoring has also become a larger priority. These types of things have been among the silver linings to emerge from what we’ve dealt with this year.
- Clients want more real-time information and digital access—Even your wealthiest clients want up-to-the-moment account information, with client portals and mobile access becoming much more critical for many. If anything, today’s largely digital COVID-19 environment has actually made clients more comfortable and confident with the latest technology tools.
- Prospecting has changed due to COVID—One clear way in which COVID is reshaping business is the way in which prospecting is done. Many board members have been able to build relationships and grow their client base despite not being able to meet face to face in person. The right technology is making this possible.
- Uncertainty poses new challenges for firms and clients—How will the upcoming elections impact tax, trust and estate planning? What long-term diversification strategies make sense to implement right now? Where do alternative investments fit in? Most board members have a positive outlook for 2021, and are actively engaged in planning with their clients.
We’re grateful that these industry leaders are eager to deepen their involvement with us and their peers. It’s gratifying to have the opportunity to better understand the many ways in which they’re continually breaking new ground and the role Addepar can play in helping to make this possible for all clients.
We look forward to sharing the board’s valuable and diverse perspectives with our broader community.
Members of Addepar’s Inaugural Client Advisory Board
Boreal Capital Management
Crescent Grove Advisors
Dynasty Financial Partners
KKR Financial Services Company
KORE Private Wealth
Lowe, Brockenbrough & Company
Requisite Capital Management